Let me cut to the chase, I've been thinking about changing Protocol X's setting. For the past three months, I've been working on a setting on the website NationStates. (You can read the factbooks I've written in this link: www.nationstates.net/nation=th… )
At first, I was gonna keep both these two settings apart from each other. However, the more I thought about it, the more the two universes collided with each other. Certain logical mishaps came to me, thoughts of expanding the universe of the series, and watching several Sci-fi shows made me come to this decision.
So, let's go over the canon that's being changed and not changed.
- The setting is changing from the Sol System and surrounding areas to the Nimbus Subsector. I'll post some info on that place later.
- The year is 3000 CE (it's also the year 500 on the Imperial Century calendar and year 967 on the Universal Calendar) instead of the year 2515.
- The Terran Special Operatives is a covert task-force made up of multiple nations within the sector and hired guns.
- Charles, Matthew, and Dmitri, rather than being told they're part of a multi-nation exercise, they are soldiers of the Sol Union being transferred from the more important Northern Human Sector to the lawless Nimbus Subsector.
- The UN no longer exists. Now, all nations in the Milky Way galaxy are all under the flag of the Second Galactic Empire.
- Willie has connections all over the place in Nimbus.
- Although born in China, Yang left to join one of the military academies in the subsector.
- No Second Vietnam War.
Things that are staying the same
- The main characters' personalities, motives, and backstories
- Characters' relationships with each other
- Wargs and the One Year War (though in a different location and under different causes)
- Certain minor characters and storylines
- The theme of immortality and invincibility vs. mortality and vulnerability
- Explosions... Lots and lots of explosions...
Please, let me know what you think of these changes. I'm still unsure and I'd like to know what you guys think of this change.